Laser Hair Removal
We offer the Soprano Ice Platinum Laser hair removal treatment in both Guernsey and Jersey, our Jersey base is The Laser Medical Aesthetic Clinic 7 David Place St. Helier.
Please contact us to book a treatment.
The award winning Soprano Ice Platinum Laser makes the dream of unwanted hair a reality for both men and women. NO more waxing, shaving or plucking! Virtually painless!
HOW DOES SOPRANO ICE PLATINUM REMOVAL WORK
The platinum edition (exclusive to Kings Beauty) combines the most effective 3 types of laser wavelengths and technology into a single innovative hand piece. By combining the different wave lengths we are able to treat the widest range of hair types and colour, allowing for all areas to be treated. Specialised treatment for darker skin types and suntanned skin can be performed.
A FREE consultation and patch test is required if you are thinking of having Soprano Ice Platinum hair removal treatments. Simply contact us in the salon to book your appointment or click here to book online.
The following prices are based on a single treatment only. A course of treatments is recommended to achieve long term hair reduction results. Discounts are available for course bookings and combination bookings. Please enquire in the salon.
Consultation and Patch test
A consultation is required prior to your first session of laser hair removal. At the consultation a patch test will be performed to allow you to experience the pain-free sensation and results of laser hair removal and to rule out any potential sensitivity. This can be booked via the online booking system or by calling +44(0) 1481 728477
In preparation for your patch test please shave a patch on every area that you are considering undergoing treatment. This should be at least the size of your hand for large treatment areas, or the size of 1–2 fingers for smaller areas such as the face. Please follow the pre-treatment advice below prior to your patch test.
Laser Hair Removal Contra-indications
The following may prevent or restrict the treatment. We will conduct a full consultation at your first appointment but please contact us if any of the following apply to you:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are under 18
- You suffer from an autoimmune disorder such as Lupus
- You have a history of keloid scarring
- You have psoriasis or eczema or other skin condition on the treatment area
- You have excessively dry skin
- You have a history of cancer or skin cancer
- You have melasma (applicable for facial treatments)
- You suffer from hyper pigmentation
- You have diabetes
- You take blood thinning medication
- You are taking Roaccutane or another prescription strength vitamin A
- You are taking a photosensitive medication
- You have tattoos or semi-permanent make up on the area to be treated
- You have epilepsy
- You have vitiligo
- You have implanted medical devices
- You have sun tanned in the past 2 weeks before your appointment
- You have had Botox or fillers in the last 2 weeks or a chemical peel/microdermabrasion in the last month
- You have a hormonal condition (such as PCOS) –maintenance sessions may be required
- The hair you wish to treat is very fair or red
Read our Helpful FAQ’s for Laser Hair Removal
How does laser hair removal work?
In simple terms, laser hair removal works by focusing an intense beam of light onto the treatment area.
This light will reach the hair follicles, where pigment in the hair absorbs it. This absorption damages the follicle and prevents further hair growth. Traditional laser hair removals system only use one of the three laser lights wavelengths utilised in hair removal, either Yag, Alexandrite or Diode.
The Soprano ICE Platinum laser hair removal system simultaneously utilises all three of these wavelengths, each targeting different structures within the hair follicle. This makes it the most comprehensive and effective method of permanent hair reduction.
The “In-Motion” (SHR) technology combined with the unique cooling system allow for a safe and effective treatment suitable for the widest range of skin tones and hair colours.
Is laser hair removal with the Soprano Ice Platinum really painless?
The Soprano ICE Platinum uses the SHR method of hair removal. Pioneered by Alma Lasers (the manufacturer of the Soprano Ice Platinum), SHR is the only clinically proven method of laser hair removal that is virtually painless.
Traditional laser systems expose hair follicles to a single high energy pulse which can cause trauma to the skin. SHR works by gradually heating the dermis to a temperature that effectively damages the hair follicles and prevents re-growth, while avoiding injury to the surrounding tissue. The unique Sapphire cooling system counteracts the heat of the laser, creating a sensation of a warm massage.
This is the safest and most pain free method of hair removal, compared to the traditional “shots” method.
What results can I expect with laser hair removal?
As the only laser hair removal system to employ all three laser light wavelengths, you can expect the most comprehensive and effective results from the Soprano Ice Platinum.
After a course of 6 to 8 treatments good responders achieve, on average, a 60 to 90% permanent reduction of hair growth. Results can vary between individuals and are dependent upon a number of factors including individual skin tone, hair colour and thickness.
Complete clearance of hairs cannot be guaranteed as some hairs may not respond to laser hair removal despite the number of sessions, such as very thin, fine hairs.
Results can vary between areas and more treatments may be required on areas such as the face where there may be hormone related hair growth.
Some clients may require further treatments and some clients may require top up treatments after 6 to 12 months. Very rarely clients may fail to respond to treatment.
Hormonal instabilities (such as PCOS), pregnancy, menopause or other hormonal changes can trigger new hair growth that can be treated with maintenance treatments.
Laser hair removal results include a reduction in hair growth with remaining hair becoming finer, less dense and taking longer to grow.
How many sessions of laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal will only treat hair in the Anagen (Active) phase of growth. This is because the hair needs to be in the follicle for the laser to effectively treat the hair.
Around 10-15% of the hair in any particular area will be at this phase at any one time. Clients can therefore expect to see a 10-15 % reduction in hair at each treatment.
We therefore recommend a minimum of 6 to 8 treatments per area. Results can vary between individuals and are dependent upon a number of factors including individual skin tone, hair colour and thickness.
Which laser hair removal is best?
Different laser light wavelengths target different hair structures within the skin. The greater the number of laser light wavelengths used by a laser hair removal system, the more effective the results.
Traditional laser systems employ only one wavelength of laser (IPL is not laser).
The Soprano Ice Platinum is one of the only laser hair removal system worldwide to utilise all three wavelengths of laser, making it the most effective and comprehensive form of laser hair removal.
Traditional laser systems use the “shots” system of hair removal. This exposes hair follicles to a single high energy pulse which can cause trauma to the skin and pain to the client.
The Soprano Ice Platinum uses an “In Motion” or SHR method of laser hair removal. SHR works by gradually heating the dermis to a temperature that effectively damages the hair follicles and prevents re-growth, while avoiding injury to the surrounding tissue. The unique Sapphire cooling system counteracts the heat of the laser, creating a sensation of a warm massage.
The Soprano Ice Platinum is the only clinically proven method of laser hair removal that is virtually painless. Its SHR technology combined with the unique cooling system allows for a safe and effective treatment on for the widest range of skin tones and hair colours.
How often will I need laser hair removal?
Most clients will undergo a course of 6 or 8 treatments, 4 weeks apart (for the face) and 6 weeks apart (for the body). This may be extended to 6 weeks (for the face) and 8 weeks (for the body) after 4 treatments.
How much does laser hair removal cost?
We offer a range of treatment and pricing options to make laser hair removal accessible for everyone. Please call +44(0) 1481 728477 for more information and details of pricing.
What is the difference between laser hair removal and IPL?
Many clinics claim to use laser hair removal when they are in fact using IPL (Intense Pulsed Light).
IPL is a cheaper and less effective method of hair removal.
Laser is a coherent and concentrated beam of light of a specific wavelength. The laser light will not lose strength as it travels through the skin, effectively treating even the deepest hair structures.
Laser targets strictly the hair follicle (as opposed to the pigment surrounding the hair follicle) resulting in less collateral skin damage and pain.
This means that it is safe to use even on the darkest skin tones.
IPL is a less concentrated beam of light of multiple wavelengths.
Due to the broad spectrum of light, obtaining sufficient energy to destroy deep hair structures is challenging and produces only temporary results.
In order to heat deeper targets, higher energy levels need to be employed, but this increases the risk of burns and various complications. These adverse effects include hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, blistering, and potentially scarring.
What will happen during laser hair removal?
Treatment time will range from a few minutes (for face or underarm) to over 2 hours (for full body) depending on the areas being treated.
During the treatment you will feel a warmth in the area, similar to the sensation of a warming massage. Some tingling or prickling can be felt on darker, thicker hairs but most clients find the sensation comfortable.
You and the laser controller will wear protective eyewear during the procedure.
Which laser hair removal is best for dark skin?
The most effective and safest lasers for dark skin types are systems utilising the Diode or Yag laser wavelengths which can bypass the melanin in the surface of the skin and target the root structures of the hair. Fine hair on dark skin types may also benefit from the Alexandrite wavelength of laser.
IPL hair removal is not suitable for dark skin types due to the risk of burning the surrounding skin.
The Soprano Ice Platinum utilises all 3 of the wavelengths of laser making it the most effective laser system for dark skin types.
Its “In Motion” (SHR) technology works by gradually heating the dermis to a temperature that effectively damages the hair follicles and prevents re-growth, while avoiding injury to the surrounding tissue.
The SHR technology combined with the unique cooling system allow for a safe and effective treatment suitable for the widest range of skin tones and hair colours.
Laser Hair Removal Pre-treatment advice
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks before & after your treatment
- Avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hair for 2 weeks prior to treatment. Remove hair by shaving only
- Do not use hair removal creams 1 week prior to treatment
- If you have a previous history of cold sores, Zovirax or other anti-viral medication may be used prophylactically prior to treatment and continued one week after treatment to prevent an outbreak. Our in-house doctor can prescribe this to you –please enquire for details
- The use of fake tan must be discontinued two weeks before treatment
- Discontinue retinol products 2 weeks before your treatment
- Do not have Botox or fillers in the 2 weeks prior to your treatment and a chemical peel or microdermabrasion in the month prior to your treatment
- Please shave the area the day before or morning of the treatment
Laser Hair Removal Aftercare Advice
- In rare cases, immediately after the treatment, there may be a redness and mild swelling at the treatment area –this may feel like mild sunburn. The application of iced water during the first few hours after treatment or the application of aloe vera gel will reduce any discomfort
- Make-up may be used after treatment
- Avoid sun exposure or sun beds for 2 weeks to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation or darker pigmentation
- Use sunscreen SPF 30 or greater at all times throughout the course of your treatment
- If you wish to remove hair between sessions, then do this by shaving only. Do not use any other form of hair removal (waxing, threading, plucking, electrolysis) that will disturb the hair follicle at the treatment site
- Hair regrowth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair growth will not occur for at least three weeks after treatment
- •Anywhere between 5 to 19 days after the treatment, shedding of the surface hair may occur. You can encourage removal of the hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth or loofa sponge
- After treatment of underarms, use a powder instead of deodorant for 24 hours after treatment to reduce skin irritation
- Avoid hot baths/showers and other heat treatments (sauna, steam room swimming pool) and treat the skin gently as if you had sun burn for the next 24 hours
- Avoid the gym or vigorous exercise for 24 hours after the treatment
|TREATMENT AREA (For Her)||x1||x8||x10|
|Eyebrow Centre Line||£35||£252||£298|
|Lip, Chin Or Nose||£40||£288||£340|
|Upper Lip & Chin||£70||£504||£595|
|Three Quarter Arm||£70||£504||£595|
|Hands Or Feet||£30||£216||£255|
|Abdomen Centre Line||£50||£360||£425|
|Extended Bikini Line||£75||£540||£638|
|Front Of Thigh||£60||£426||£510|
|Upper Half Leg||£120||£864||£1,020|
|Lower Half Leg||£100||£720||£850|
|TREATMENT AREA (For Him)||x1||x8||x10|
|Full Back & Shoulders||£200||£1,440||£1,700|
|Three Quarter Back||£120||£864||£1,020|
|Chest or Abdomen||£70||£504||£595|