Express lashes are exactly what they say on the tin- fast! Therefore they’re perfect for short occasions such as festivals, weddings & mini breaks. They are individual lashes but just placed on lashes, you don’t isolate the lash like you do on the semi permanent ones. They are a lot quicker to do but only last a maximum of 2 weeks.
Read our Helpful FAQ’s on Express Lashes
How long do express lashes last?
This treatment only takes around 30 minutes for a set and should last up to 2 weeks however it is difficult to get as fuller look as with other types of semi-permanent lashes. Express lashes should not be infilled and instead should be professionally removed then reapplied if you want to keep up to them.
What’s the difference between Express lashes and semi permanent?
Semi permanent eyelash extensions don’t need to be removed and will naturally shed over time leaving you with healthy lashes as long as you look after them at home properly. Express lashes are placed on to the natural lashes and layered, with several lashes being adhered together.
Can you get express lashes wet?
Once the glue on your lash extensions has had enough time to dry you won’t have to worry about getting them wet or submerging them in water. When you do get your lashes wet, don’t dry them off or rub them with a towel.
What happens if I get my lashes wet before 24 hours?
If you notice your new lashes are flaking off, there’s a good chance something has interfered with the adhesive bond. Avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 24 – 48 hours, as water can weaken the glue before it has the chance to set.
Can you put mascara on express lashes?
yes, you can wear mascara with lash extensions. Whatever you choose, you will have to be aware that any glueing on your own lashes either yourself or professionally, your eyelashes will be affected and you will need to look after them well when you remove the extension.
Express Lashes Pre-treatment advice
- Please remove all eye makeup with a mild, oil-free cleanser prior to your appointment. Eye makeup can interfere with adhesive bond and shorten the lifespan of your lash extensions, so its very important your natural lashes be as clean as possible.
- If you are a contact lens wearer, please remove them.
- To make you as comfortable as possible and to avoid delays, please visit the bathroom before your procedure
Express Lashes Aftercare Advice
The first 24 hours are critical – you must allow the adhesive time to dry and form that strong, durable bond. Follow the rules below and your lashes will be A list ready for longer:
- Avoid steam, heat, water and UV light directly on the lashes
- Wash your hair before their appointment to help prevent lash loss.
After the initial 24 hours, follow these golden rules:
- Steam from saunas, ovens, dishwashers, kettles and irons can damage the bond.
- Sweat can affect the glue bond so lashes are the perfect excuse avoid the gym, house work, and any other sweaty activity!
- Oil based products on or around the eyes will gradually break down the bond, causing lashes to come off quicker than they should. Everyday culprits such as waxy eye liners and eye pencils should be used sparingly.
- Buy an oil free eye make up remover from your lash tech and clean your lashes daily – contrary to popular belief it will help your lashes last longer as they will not be weighed down with dirt and debris.
- If you must use mascara to fill those little gaps, use a water-based product which is easy to remove – not waterproof mascara which makes lash techs cry!
- Lash curlers will break the extensions so please don’t use them.
- You cannot comb or brush through express lashes as this will pull them off.
- Express lashes cannot be tinted or lifted – these proce-dures need to take place at least 72 hours prior to your express lash treatment to prevent compromising lash health.